Get Work Ready and Start Your Career!
The NOCE DSS Workability III Program (WAIII) helps students with disabilities overcome barriers to employment to find, apply for, get, and keep meaningful jobs. Students can be referred to the program by counselors, instructors, or staff members at NOCE, Cypress College, or Fullerton College.
Job and employment specialists meet with students to determine individual skills, job aptitude, and work readiness. WAIII is a collaboration between NOCE and the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR).
Who is Eligible?
To join the WAIII Program at NOCE, students must:
- Be age 18 or older
- Have a verifiable disability
- Possess necessary documentation to work
- Enroll in at least one current class in the North Orange County Community College District
- Be work ready
- Get a referral from a counselor, instructor, or staff member
What the WAIII Program Offers
|Learn about: |
● Resume building
● Job interview skills
● Job applications
● Locating job openings
● Impact on disability benefits
● Workplace ethics
|Gain skills to: |
● Find job openings
● Understand the hidden job market
● Secure transportation
● Succeed in interviews
● Contact employers
|Build on progress: |
● 90 days of offsite support
● Career orientation
● Advancement opportunities
● Understanding accommodations and disclosure
● Interacting with supervisors
Developing Successful Employees
The Workability III Program can help students with a disability find a rewarding career.
Have You Heard?
Workability III has helped students with disabilities gain employment since 2012!