NOCE is a Model School
North Orange Continuing Education, formerly the School of Continuing Education (SCE), is proudly accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). NOCE received initial accreditation in 2008 and received full accreditation following an onsite visit in 2011. Our teamwork in 2011 acquired a full six-year accreditation cycle, no midcycle review, and no warnings. The WASC visiting team was quoted as saying, “NOCE is a model school!”
NOCE Receives Full Six-Year Accreditation
- In May 2017, NOCE was notified of their updated accreditation status. President Valentina Purtell communicated the following message to staff where ACS WASC Commission made the decision to grant North Orange Continuing Education the full six-year accreditation status through June 2023.
- The accreditation decision was made one month earlier than expected. This, along with the level of the accreditation status, speaks volumes about the caliber of NOCE as an institution and the dedication of faculty and staff to student success.
- The WASC visiting team validated six attributes of NOCE during their visit in March 2017:
|Embraces diversity||Dynamic synergy|
|Safe to take risks||Courageous|
Why is Accreditation Important?
The Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) approves all NOCE programs and classes. Being an accredited institution means that all NOCE courses are approved by the state of California.
- All courses are approved by the state of California
- Exceeds minimum quality standards
- Gives notoriety
- Validates the quality of our institution
- Provides validity to employers for programs of study provided by NOCE
For More Information about ACS WASC:
The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges:
533 Airport Blvd, Suite 200
Burlingame, CA 94010