Learn and Grow with Your Child
Get tips to improve your parenting skills and bond with your child.
NOCE’s tuition-free parenting classes bring parents and children together to support social, emotional, and creative growth. Parents, grandparents, foster parents, and guardians can learn positive parenting techniques in a friendly and safe environment. Children learn socialization, how to follow directions and preschool preparation. For some of the classes, your kids will attend. Up to two children can be registered for each adult attending. Register today!
Parenting Class Focus Areas
Parenting Courses with Children
Parenting Courses with Children: Enjoy classes that promote bonding between parents and your child through music, fitness, arts and crafts, and more!
- Developmental Movement Classes (Parent/adult and child attend; the adult is the registered student). Learn to encourage development in large motor skills, coordinated body movements, and expressions of self-esteem in your child. Developmental movement classes are offered for parents with children in the age ranges of 1-2 years, 2-3 years, and 3-4.5 years.
- Joyful Parenting Classes (Parent/adult and child attend; the adult is the registered student). Help build your child’s self-esteem with class activities and quality time together to support child development. You’ll also get the latest parenting skills through lecture, discussion, observation, and hands-on learning. Prepare children for preschool or kindergarten through interactive play, learning expectations, and following directions. Joyful Parenting classes are offered for parents with children in the age ranges of 1.5-2.5 years and 2.5-5 years.
Parenting Courses without Children
Parenting Courses without Children (Adults Only): Classes focus on tips to help parents to navigate parenting in a peaceful, respectful, and encouraging way.
- Love & Logic® Classes (Adults Only). The Love & Logic® approach teaches six groups of skills to help parents reinforce behavior expectations for their children at home and in school. Love & Logic® classes are available for parents, foster parents, grandparents and caregivers of school-age and teen children as well as social workers, teachers, or anyone interested in learning techniques for creating positive relationships with children/teens.
- Love and Logic Frequently Asked Questions Document
- Effective Parenting (Adults Only). Designed to lend support and provide some realistic parenting techniques that can be used in the parent’s day-to-day life. This course includes lectures, reading, videos, discussions to share best practices, and more.
I admit that I only enrolled in the NOCE Parenting with Love and Logic® classes because my son’s teacher offered extra credit for students who got their parents to attend. However, I genuinely digested the parenting tools taught in class; it was life-changing. I use the skills I have acquired and I am more confident in my abilities as a parent. Eric Johnson
Parenting Program Student – Parenting with Love and Logic®
Parenting Program Registration: Click here to register for Parenting Classes.