Work Skills for ESL Students
A combination of language development and workforce preparation provides ESL students the skills to get a job and move into higher-wage jobs at a faster pace. Our Workforce Preparation classes help students look for, find, apply for jobs, and navigate the American workplace.
Start class anytime and learn at your own pace. New classes are starting soon.
Register for Classes! View the Class Schedule.
Workforce Prep Classes Include:
ESL Workforce Readiness Skills – Basic
- Ask about job openings
- Complete a job application
- Practice job interview skills
- Learn basic technologies such as Microsoft Word and e-mail
ESL Workforce Readiness Skills – Advanced
- Communicate with customers, co-workers, and managers
- Read and understand work manuals, job descriptions, etc.
- Conduct and analyze a career inventory
- Expand technology and Internet skills
ESL Workplace Advancement Skills – Basic
- Develop communication and problem-solving skills
- Complete accurate workplace forms
- Identify various workplace tools
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace etiquette
ESL Workplace Advancement Skills – Advanced
- Identify and analyze sources of information about expectations and cultural awareness
- Demonstrate effective written language skills related to professional communication
- Demonstrate effective oral language skills related to professional communication
- Read and interpret professional workplace materials
- Demonstrate computer skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, as well as the Internet