NOCE Emergency Aid
The NOCE Emergency Aid initiative will help current NOCE students who face reduced financial resources due to COVID-19. NOCE will provide a food voucher for a local grocery store to qualifying NOCE students when available.
Emergency Aid Application
- Application Posted: www.noce.edu/emergencyaid
- Application Due: November 12, 2020 (or sooner, until all vouchers have been awarded)
- Award Notification and Distribution: Within two (2) weeks of application submissions.
Students will receive aid such as food vouchers and other resources when available to help them stay enrolled and continue working towards their goals.
Invitations to workshops on NOCE and community resources to support students experiencing financial hardships.
Access to additional resources through Pathways of Hope, including food and basic needs/supplies, and service navigation.
Process to Apply:
Be a currently enrolled NOCE student.
Submit an application at: www.noce.edu/emergencyaid.
Confirm the need is due to unforeseen financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the purpose of this Emergency Aid Program?
North Orange Continuing Education Emergency Aid Initiative is here to help. Any current NOCE students who are facing unexpected financial hardship can apply. Eligible students will be given a food voucher to a local grocery store.
2. Who can apply for this assistance/aid?
NOCE students who meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled at NOCE.
- Submit an application at: www.noce.edu/emergencyaid.
- Confirm the need is due to unforeseen financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. How can I apply for this emergency aid, food voucher?
You can apply for this emergency aid by submitting an application at: www.noce.edu/emergencyaid.
4. Why is the application located in myGateway?
Students are asked to login to their myGateway account as a cybersecurity measure. This requirement is to protect the student’s private information in accordance with FERPA. These include their Banner ID and other personal identifiers.
5. What if I cannot view the application?
It could be that your browser language was set to any other language that is not English. Please re-set your browser to English and that should solve the problem.
6. Can another person login with their own MyGateway credentials to submit the application for another person?
No. The login credentials are an authentication process for the person needing the financial assistance. The Office of Institutional Research and Planning (OIRP) pulls the student’s contact information and academic history from Banner. Students must use their own myGateway account to complete the application.
- 7. Where can a student get help setting up a free e-mail and/or assistance with MyGateway?
8. How can I update/add my e-mail to my Banner account?
StarHelp can update your Banner account if you (the student)send a message from the e–mail you wish to use as your primary e-mail in Banner. Please include the following:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- ID# (if available)
- Sentence such as “please add this e–mail/make this e-mail my primary e-mail in to my account”
After StarHelp receives and processes the request, the student will receive an e-mail confirmation. They can then request a “reset password” and log in to myGateway.
9. What if I get this error message (shown) “CAS is Unavailable”?
You should use a different browser (such as Google, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) and/or clear your browsing history and your cache.
You will still have to login to myGateway and just paste the link into a new browser.