Come celebrate our 2023 Graduates!
Friday, May 26, 2023
5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Parking gates will open and check-in will begin at 4 p.m.
- Student check-in and photos from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Student orientation will begin at 5 p.m.
- Student processional line-up will begin at 5:15 p.m.
- Ceremony will begin at 5:30 p.m. SHARP
The NOCE Anaheim Campus (1830 W. Romneya Drive, Anaheim, CA 92801)
2022/23 NOCE Grads (July 2022 – June 2023) may participate in the 2023 Commencement Ceremony if they have completed the requirements in the following academic programs:
- Administrative Professional
- Braille Transcribing
- Early Childhood Education
- Funeral Service Assistant
- High School Diploma Program
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Business Information Worker 1
- Electrical Trainee/Technology
- GED/HiSET Program (pass all five exams)
- Personal Care Aide
- Quality Assurance for Medical Devices
- In order to participate in the 2023 Commencement Ceremony, students MUST see a counselor to complete a Grad Check Request Form by Friday, May 5, 2023 at 4 p.m.
- To make an appointment with a counselor to review your Student Education Plan, confirm you have completed all requirements, fill out the form, and gather additional details, contact the Counseling Department at 714.808.4682 or email@example.com.
What If I Don’t Complete My Requirements by the Grad Check Deadline?
High School Diploma Program Students
- For High School Diploma Program students, all program requirements MUST be completed by the grad check deadline at 4 p.m. in order to participate in the 2023 Commencement Ceremony.
- NOTE: Students enrolled in the ABED courses are welcome to attend if they are in the progress of successfully completing that course(s) by the end of the 2023 Spring Semester.
- High School Diploma Program students completing AFTER the grad check deadline can graduate any time during the next academic year. Those students will be invited to participate in the next NOCE Commencement.
Career Technical Education Students
- All program requirements for Career Technical Education (CTE) Program students must be completed or in progress by the end of the 2023 Spring Semester to be considered a 2023 graduate. CTE students MUST complete the grad check by the deadline at 4 p.m.
- There is no cost to attend the 2023 Commencement Ceremony.
- The only cost to participate is to purchase the cap, gown, and tassel.
Buy Your Cap & Gown
Visit Oak Hall’s online portal to purchase your cap and gown for the 2023 Commencement.
Order a graduation cap, gown, and tassel online and have it delivered to you for just $31.90 +tax (includes standard shipping)
Gowns should be ordered from March 13, 2023 – April 30, 2023; the portal will be closed after April 30, 2023. Students MUST purchase their cap and gown by that time to ensure timely shipment.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a public ceremony, and North Orange Continuing Education will be taking photos for promotional purposes, which may be used in, but not limited to, the following manner: brochures, class schedules, website, social media, etc. Through your attendance at this event, you may be photographed/filmed. By participating in this event, you understand that NOCE may utilize your image for the purpose of bringing its programs to the attention of the public. If you do not want your photo taken, please inform the photographer or a staff member.
There will not be a livestream or videos for sale for the 2023 events.
Students are also encouraged to take graduation photos in their homes and share photos from the ceremony with us by tagging our NOCE social media pages and using the #NOCEGrad2023
Commencement Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Where should guests park? How much will it cost?
A: Campus Safety Officers and Traffic Control will guide all guests, students, and staff members to park throughout the Anaheim Campus for both the Commencement and Student Success Events. Parking is free for the day.
Q. Where will disabled parking be to the event seating?
A: We will have designated disabled placard parking in the Anaheim Campus West Lot. Campus Safety Officers and Traffic Control will guide you to park in the designated disabled parking. The disabled parking will be right next to the student check-in and family seating area.
Q. Will there be a drop-off area?
A: There will be an area where cars can drop off students. Please see the map for more details.
Q. Where is the location of the event?
A: Both the NOCE Commencement and NOCE Student Success Event will take place in the West Parking Lot at the Anaheim Campus at 1830 W. Romneya Drive. The main entrance will be at the south end of the West Parking Lot.
Q. What do students do when they get to the event?
A: After parking, students should come to the West Parking Lot and go to check-in at the south end. Welcome Ambassadors will greet students and guide them to the check-in tables. Once checked-in, students can take photos at the photo booth and then meet friends and faculty members in their program gathering area until it is time for line-up and procession.
Q. Will there be restrooms at the event?
A: Yes, portable restrooms will be available in the Anaheim Campus West Parking Lot.
Q. Will there be food or drinks for sale?
A: No, there will be no food or drinks for sale.
Q. Will there be stroller parking?
A: Yes, there will be a designated spot for strollers to sit. However, you are welcome to park these at your own risk. NOCE and NOCCCD is not responsible for your stroller or any of the items left in the stroller.
Q. Where will families sit? Will it be covered?
A: NOCE will have two sections of bleacher seating available for family and friends. The event will be outside and the bleachers will NOT be covered. We encourage guests to be prepared for the sun by wearing hats and sunscreen, and bringing water, etc.
Q. Is seating first come, first serve? Will there be an overflow area?
A: Yes, seating will be first-come, first-served. We do not have a designated overflow seating area.
Q. Are students limited to a certain amount of guests?
A: No, students are not limited in the amount of guests, but, again it is first-come, first-served in terms of seating and there is no overflow seating area.
Q. Are balloons and noisemakers allowed at the event?
A: No. Because every family deserves the opportunity to both see their graduate and hear their name being called, we ask that you please do not bring balloons or noisemakers into the ceremony area. You are welcome to keep your balloons in your car. Thank you for your courtesy and respect for all graduates.
Q. Will the family and student seating be ADA/wheelchair accessible?
A: NOCE has designated a space for ADA/wheelchair seating. This area can accommodate the guest needing accessible seating plus one family member to accompany them. As students will be sitting in chairs on a flat, blacktop surface with no obstacles such as stairs, NOCE can accommodate any student needing accessible seating.
Q. Will the stage be accessible for students to get their certificate/diploma?
A: The students will make their way up to the podium in front of the stage to pick up their certificate/diploma. Students will not need to go on the stage. This will be for both Commencement and Student Success Events.
Q. What time will parking and student check-in open?
A. Commencement Ceremony: parking will open, and check-in will start at 4 p.m.
Q. What time should students arrive for the Commencement Ceremony?
A: – Students should arrive and check in between 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
– Orientation will be at 5 p.m.
– Line-up will be at 5:15 p.m.
– Procession and event begins at 5:30 p.m. SHARP
Q. What time does the event start?
A: For Commencement, the event will start at 5:30 p.m. SHARP.
Q. How long will the event last?
A: Both the Student Success Event and Commencement Ceremony will last approx. 60-90 minutes.
Q. Will there be photographers at the event?
A: Yes. Grad Images will be present during both ceremonies to capture photographs of students receiving their diploma/certificate(s). NOCE will also be taking photos for their files to use in publications and marketing/communications. If you do not want to be in a photo, we ask that you tell the photographer.
Q. How can I get proofs of the photos taken during the awarding of certificates/diplomas?
A: Students will have the option to purchase graduation photographs through Grad Images. To receive complementary proofs of your photos, complete and submit a Grad Images card. For more information, visit www.gradimages.com.
- Q. Is there a social media hashtag?
Q. Will there be a livestream or videos for sale?
A: Now, there will not be a livestream or videos for sale for the 2023 events.
Dress/Attire/Cap & Gown
Q. What should I wear to the Commencement Ceremony?
A: Students, faculty, and dignitaries will war regalia – cap, gown, and tassel – at the 2023 NOCE Commencement Ceremony. Staff supporting the event will wear an NOCE shirt and/or lanyard with dark-colored pants.
- High School Diploma/GED Preparation students should wear NAVY BLUE gowns.
- Career Technical Education Program students should wear GRAY gowns.
Q. What if I missed the deadline to order a cap and gown?
A: We ask that students wear regalia to the Commencement Ceremony. NOCE does have a LIMITED amount of cap and gowns for purchase, $35 cash. To make a purchase and pick-up arrangements, please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late purchase from NOCE is available on a first-come, first-served basis.