March 12, 2020
Dear NOCE Community,
The North Orange County Community College District is taking steps to reduce the spread of any potential exposure to COVID-19/Coronavirus. While there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19/Coronavirus in our District or at NOCE, we are preparing for various levels of a pandemic response. It is critical to protect our students, peers, and communities by reducing the number of close interactions that occur at our sites. At the same time, we want to minimize the impact on the education of our students.
In alignment with this, North Orange Continuing Education will do the following:
- NOCE will cancel all in-person classes starting Monday, March 16, 2020.
- This includes classes that are hosted at all three NOCE Centers – Anaheim, Cypress, and Wilshire (Fullerton) – as well as NOCE classes held at community-based locations.
- Students currently enrolled in Career Technical Education Program classes are advised to check their Canvas course and email to receive updates on how to proceed with and complete their courses for the 2020 Winter Term. If you do not receive an update by end of day Friday, March 13, 2020, please contact the CTE Program on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 714.808.4915.
- To allow time for preparation, NOCE is scheduled to start the 2020 Spring Term classes the week of April 13, 2020, two weeks later than originally planned, utilizing remote (online) methods, as feasible.
From March 16 – April 10, 2020, NOCE will do the following:
- All three NOCE Centers will remain open. Staff and faculty will report as regularly scheduled.
- NOCE will utilize this time to train faculty and staff on technology tools and alternative instructional delivery methods.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation daily and will update the campus community with any new developments.